In the world of Internet, mobile internet has emerged as one of the prominent and potentially lucrative platform that one can afford to ignore. To target, attract and engage users on this platform, we have started deploying mobile apps and mobile websites.
Nowadays, entrepreneurs, brands, companies, enterprises and large corporations are using mobile apps for brand engagement, e-commerce, business productivity, business efficiency, mobile marketing, gaming and for many more.
However, before you jump into the bandwagon, we recommend that you understand eight essential points of mobile app development.
- Idea/Concept: You should have a clear idea on what the App should achieve. While it is okay to improvise on the concept, it may not be a good idea to keep changing the fundamental idea.. A bit of research on mobile marketplaces such as Google Play, App Store, Blackberry’s Marketplace and others, will help you answer these questions – ‘Do we really need this App? Will it help us meet our objectives? How will this mobile app be different?
- Business Objectives: After understanding and honing your idea/concept, decide your business objectives. Ask yourself – Is it worth it to spend money on mobile app development? Will it help generate more business/profits? It is better to be clear with your business objectives so you can convey it to your App developer. Remember, without business objectives, you will reach nowhere with mobile app.
- App Design and Information Architecture: At the early stage of planning it is important to get experts and professionals on the dais. With clear idea/concept and business objectives, business analysts will develop app design and information architecture of the mobile app in question. This basic blueprint will be detailed and need not be technical.
- User Interface Design: In any mobile app development process, user research is highly important. Because, it is for the user, mobile app is being developed. Therefore, keeping business objectives and idea/concept behind the mobile app in mind, user research will enable understanding of desires, needs and requirements. Once that is done the mobile app development experts will design suitable and interactive user interface with intuitive click stream. Please ensure that you follow the set standards of user interface, this will ensure quality.
- Budgeting: In a budgeting process, you decide expenditure, timeline and calculate your return on investment. If you’re hiring professional mobile app development company then it’s important to have a clear definition of budget , quality standards and timeline.
- Mobile App Development: If you’re employing app development company then your active involvement will assure you the desired by the agreed deadline and within your budget. It’s important to decide on the platform of development and your target audience. You can choose between Android, iOS, Windows Mobile, Blackberry mobile app or cross compatible mobile app. Your target market analysis will help you make decision on the platform.
- User Experience and Engagement: In any mobile app, user experience will decide the actual quality and potential of the App. So, test everything from the user perspective and if possible employ users to test the mobile app. User engagement is very important it will ensure user interest, ease-of-use, user experience and likeability.
- Feedback, Monitoring and Improvement: Finally, post development, testing and deployment proactive feedback from users, monitoring by experts and regular improvement and updating will help your mobile app to stay relevant and deliver returns for longer period.
This is the just some of basic thing to think about before commencing on mobile app development, therefore do not take it as a holistic one. We recommend that if you have a project in mobile app development then be sure to research extensively and develop a mobile strategy before making a decision.
We would love to hear your views, and if you would like to add another pointer then please do so in comments.