Apple has released its new mobile operating system, iOS 7 which is ready to be installed and downloaded into umpteen iPads, iPhones and iPods. At this stage let us analyze the pros and cons of iOS 7.
Advantages of iOS 7
- Compatibility: It works well with both iPhone and iPad and performs well under pressure.
- Increased folder capacity: The folder in iOS 7 holds more icons, so there is not a necessity to have multiple folders as “Games”.
- Easy to operate: iOS 7 feels like Android in the sense that running apps can be easily closed.
- It makes excellent use of existing screen real estate and is much better than Android.
- Time saving: Apps are auto updated and there is lots of timesaving.
- The mail application is advanced.
- Improved Security: iDevices are more secure with iOS 7 and the hardware is less accessible to hackers.
- iOS 7 features much better maps.
Disadvantages of iOS 7
- Puzzling error messages during installation: If iOS 7 works it is excellent. But it doesn’t work user encounters lots of doubtful and puzzling messages like “Software Update failed”.
- Delay: While running on iDevices the OS seems to lag and it is quite slow to respond to interactions.
- Touch response is not good: Mainly in the case of iPad the reponse to touch is very poor requiring to retap often.
- Confusing user interface: The new 3D user interface at times confusing and at times user doesn’t know what to click on.
- The home screen parallax effect makes the appearance ugly and unrefined.
- The color schemes picked by iOS 7 are based on the background wall paper and are not customizable by the users.
- Uses more battery life: iOS 7 automatically refreshes and updates apps in the background which uses more battery life.
- Limited folder view: Only nine icons are shown at a given time to user. The screen real estate can be better used.
- The notification panel doesn’t show required data at a glance.
- The settings app is very awkward.
- Collectively there are a lots of small bugs.